Welcome to my website and blog.
Here you will find a collection of pages (above and in the menu on the right) for different pieces of software I write and support, a number of Open Tools API packages for the Delphi / C++ Builder / RAD Studio IDEs by Borland / CodeGear / Embarcadero, my book on the Open Tools API as well as blogs relating to all the development of these applications and the Open Tools API.
See the (non-exhaustive) list below for what’s available.
- DGH Regular Expressions – An application to creating and testing complex regular expressions using macro expansions against files.
- Eidolon – An Excel COM add-in for generating Time Location diagrams;
- Expert Manager – An application to editor experts installed into multiple RAD Studio installations;
- OTA Interface Search – An application to help search for Open Tools API Interfaces, Methods and Properties and the paths through the code to get to them;
- Path Editor – An application to editor the system and user paths;
- Profile Viewer – An application to view the profiling output generated by the
Profiler.pasunit contained within the project.;
- XER Cleaner / XER Tools – An application for cleaning and editing the content of Primavera XER files prior to importing;
Open Tools API
Below are RAD Studio OTA plug-ins and references.
- Auto Save – An OTA plug-in to provide auto save functionality;
- Browse and Doc It – An OTA plug-in to provide code browsing and documentation functionality;
- C++ OTA Template – A C++ OTA plug-in of example code to be used in the above book and which will also allow you to create C++ OTA project templates once the code is finished – at the moment it should provide examples of OTA in C++;
- Debug with CodeSite – An OTA plug-in to add
CodeSite.Send()debugging messages via breapoints;
- IDE Explorer – An OTA plug-in to allow you to browser the internal IDE forms and classes;
- IDE Help Helper – An OTA plug-in to provide internal browser context help;
- IDE Notifications – An OTA plug-in for logging notification events that occur in the RAD Studio IDE;
- Integrated Testing Helper – An OTA plug-in to allow you to run external command line applications before and after compilation for projects;
- Message View Helper – An OTA plug-in that provides a shortcut key combination to hide / show / focus the message view and to also automatically hide it after a successful compilation;
- OTA Interface Index – An index of the OTA interfaces cross-referenced to the blog posts.
- OTA Template – An OTA plug-in of example code used in the above book and which also allows you to create OTA project templates;
- Package Viewer – An OTA plug-in to allow you to view the loaded packages;
- The Delphi Open Tools API Book – My book which is a collection of blog posts (and more) on the Delphi Open Tools API;
- Object Pascal to C++ Builder Coding – A reference page for converting Object Pascal code to C++ Builder code.
If you need to contact me you will not find a visible email address for me on these pages to try to avoid being inundated with spam however if you look in the book you will find contact information for me.
David Hoyle (Sep 2017).